Wednesday, July 1, 2015

First Currently Ever!

I feel like a grownup blogger! This is my first time ever linking up with Oh' Boy 4th Grade for Currently, but I have been a reader for a long time.

So, here it is... my Currently for July.


I realize that this chart makes it seem like I hate staying home with my kids (and maybe that I am not doing that good of a job at it - hello, diapers). However, I would like to make it clear that I do like staying home with my kids, but they never leave. And they don't not need attention. Being a stay at home mom is a 24 hour job with no lunch breaks. It is exhausting!

My hat's off to any mom (or dad) that stays home with their kids. It is hard! This is one reason why I work - I need a break!

Anyway, I am feeling the crunch to get things finished before Vegas, so I would say that today I am a little more antsy than usual.

Plus, we are headed to the beach for the weekend tomorrow which means that I won't be getting a lot done over the weekend either.

On the positive side: My kids have been awesome. Yes, they take a lot of work, but they are kind, creative, and really fun. We even have the baby now, and she takes about 99% of my attention. The big kids could be sad about this and start acting out to get attention, but they aren't. They adore her. I am super lucky!

Okay, I better wrap it up because I was not kidding about the diaper thing. There is probably a stray diaper hanging out at the bottom of the diaper bag or in the back of the car, but we are down to zero that I can easily find. Yikes! Off to Costco!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first Currently! I completely understand where you are coming from with the stay at home parent thing! I could never do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting. It always cracks me up when parents at school ask me if I am excited for Summer Break. I say, "You don't understand. Teaching is my break!"

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the Currently linky! Congratulations on your first post. I don't know how you do it with 4 kids! Although mine are all grown up, I remember what it was like and I only had 2 running around my house...lol

    Good luck with the diaper hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two, four, twenty... Even one kid pretty much dominates your life!

      Delete
  3. Yikes! Good luck getting to Costco! Haha! A stay at home mom has a never-ending job!

    -Caitlin
    The Kinder Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We made it! Good thing too because about ten minutes after we got home we really, really needed one!

      Delete