Sunday, October 25, 2015

My First Video Lesson on YouTube!

I have been wanting to start making lesson on YouTube for a long time. Even before one of the panels at the Teachers Pay Teachers conference said it was a good marketing strategy. I tried working with a computer interface - like Khan Academy, but it just didn't work well for me. Then, I tried recording myself as I worked on paper. This didn't work either. Finally, many months (if not years) into the process, I decided to just do the videos the way I teach at school - using a whiteboard.

Here is the finished product. It isn't professional by any means, but I think it will be helpful, especially to parents who are trying to understand common core math.



I really enjoyed the entire process of making the video. There will be more to come! 

I will also be publishing a tape diagram product to my store to accompany the video. It will be up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment