Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Rainbow Clip Chart Update

So, today was our first day in class using the Self-Monitoring Clip Charts. I have to say, it was a success. Kids did a much better job monitoring themselves when they had the charts in front of them. Plus, I could always count down and then announce, "If you are ready, you are at a green. If you are still talking, you are at a yellow."

I sent home seven positive notes today, and I could have sent more. I had a few disappointed kids, but I explained that I only had enough time to write seven notes. They were welcome to try for a note tomorrow. I did have to send home one reminder note. This was hard, but the note was well deserved. I am hoping that this system can change the trajectory of this particular student's behavior.

I will let you know how the charts work as the weeks go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment