Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sunday Scoop April 26, 2015


My favorite linky party is here! I love how easy it is to link up with Teaching Trio for The Sunday Scoop. Plus, it makes me reflect on my week ahead which I really enjoy doing.


It was a busy Saturday for us! We had to divide and conquer for games today, and we still had to miss one of the games. Just not enough drivers in the family! Then, after that madness I tackled some toy clutter while my hubby mowed the lawn and took a pile of stuff to the dump. It feels great to be spring cleaning!

I decided to try bringing some toys and clothes to the kids' consignment store instead of donating them. I am thinking I will donate half the money I get back to help even out the karma of selling instead of donating. Eventually I want to get hooked up with a group that gives baby/kid stuff directly to families who need it. The feeling of really helping someone who needs it would be way better than whatever money we get this time.

I have been really trying to focus on living small after reading an article on the schools of Finland. One of the main ideas I took away was that in the United States we have the mentality that more is better. I do notice this about myself (and definitely my kids) sometimes and I want to move away from that idea. Instead, we can focus on what we are already so lucky to have. So, with that idea in mind (and Earth Day last week). I am going to try to patch the many pairs of pants that now have holes in the knees. I am embarrassed to say that I have been known to just throw them out because I hate the girls wearing them with holes. Hopefully the patches will look cute (enough).

Finally, I am really excited to spend some time relaxing with my husband. With so much going on, our relationship is the first thing to get ignored which isn't good for anyone. No big plans, but we are going to be together and that is the best.

What are your plans for this week? Head on over to the Teaching Trio and link up for this week's Sunday Scoop!

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning! Living smaller has been on my mind lately too. We're even considering a smaller house closer to work. Maybe even a two bedroom (just two of us), but first I have to downsize my junk! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can be close to work, do it! We are living in a pretty small house for six people right now, but it is totally worth it because I am a half a block away from school and my husband's office is about three minutes away. The happiness factor for living close to work is huge!

      Delete
  2. I know you said that you'd love to donate clothes but have you ever heard of the app TotSpot? It's like Poshmark but for kids' stuff. My sister-in-law uses it a lot. I love your thoughts of living smaller. It reminds me of what I've been practicing in yoga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what TotSpot or Poshmark is, but I will investigate. I have decided I do not like selling stuff to the consignment stores. Getting the cash did not feel as good as I thought it would.

      I have been meaning to try yoga! I have a hard time sitting still and calming down, but it seems like I should be doing it! :). Thanks for commenting!

      Delete