Saturday, May 30, 2015

Five for Friday 5/29/15

Okay, so Friday has come and gone, but it is still a great time to link up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!


This week has a little bit of a family theme.
Last weekend we visited the science museum. We now have a membership, so I have a feeling we will be going there a lot this summer. Here are some of the creative things the kids were doing...


First she wanted to draw the flowers - can't really see them, they to the left of the picture. Then, she wanted to make a list of everything she saw on the flower. We didn't know what one part of the flower was, so we looked it up. Such a smartie!


After examining the flowers, she was ready to build!


Meanwhile, I had a momma eagle playing in the other room. The best part was that the kids would all "flap" their wings while they ran around. It was adorable, and, of course, I didn't get a good picture.


This was the highlight for the boys! You can tell they are all scared because they are in a Megalodon's jaws.




One not-so-fun part of our week was the fact that my brother-in-law is dealing with some pretty nasty side effects from his recent stem cell transplant. We sent him some goodies to cheer him up. It is hard to tell, but the stuffed animal is a big foot. This was sent because my daughter won it in a claw game, and claw games are my brother-in-law's specialty.

If you have a minute, please send some healing thoughts out into the universe. We want him back on his feet soon, so my sister and he can get to work on some nieces and nephews for me.



I just love how awesome my kids are at creative play. This is a neighborhood. They are so detailed in their playing/storytelling!


My sister-in-law's family recently purchased a ski boat. We were lucky enough to get invited out on a sunny day! My kids are hooked. First question today was, "Can we go out on the boat?" Second question, "When are we getting a boat?"

I am definitely looking forward to many fun days on the water with our fun family this summer!




And finally, as a thank you to all of you who are reading my blog, I have a flash freebie!


Grab it from Teachers pay Teachers while you can! Usually $3, but free for the next 24 hours or so! Thank you for reading. Please, follow the blog to be the first to hear about new products, new ideas, and freebies!

1 comment:

  1. Love these free task cards! Thank you so much for sharing! These will definitely be going on my task card wall next year!

    ReplyDelete